Monday, March 9, 2009

Craigslist Beware

Ok well  first off I am a HUGE new fan of Craigslist esp their barter section and it appears to be big for fellow Montanans.  I have been putting my number in the listings because I know many check emails at friends or the library and the option to make a call or text is simpler.

Well as of this morning I am now getting solicited calls rather than just a few scam emails like before.  Comes from an unavailable number, a msg is left from a "Jacob Reed" of Longwood Inc a 501 (c) call back number being 866-326-0950 and they say to have a match for my car listed.  Ok yes I have a car listed, but this still sounds rather fishy.  So a simple google search and the first several were on this very scam.  One posts even they called and chatted with a lady "Jennifer" and "Jacob" wasn't available.  The deal is for $199 they will sell your car and if they don't sell it for your asking price they will refund $170!  Some reports came in from people on craigslist with listings but not for cars so they became instantly suspicious as the msg stated "their car for sale".

SO BEWARE OF THESE SCAMMERS THEY ARE MAKING HOUSE CALLS NOW!

So I suppose moral of the lesson here is nothing is safe anymore and gaurd everything as if you won't have it tomorrow.  I just felt I should blog this so others know about it I am sure things like this and fake money (stories I heard on the ID news last week lots are going around) are going to become more and more the norm than ever before with this recession.  

have a blessed day

1 comment: