Tuesday, March 31, 2009

California: Interstate 80 closures for construction begin

Westbound traffic over the Sierra Nevada on Interstate 80 will be diverted starting tonight for a construction project.

Beginning at 11:45 p.m., traffic will be diverted between Magra and Colfax to rehabilitate 11.5 miles of highway. The road will reopen at 7 a.m. Wednesday.

The same piece of road will be closed 7 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday and reopen at 7 a.m. the following day. Friday the road closes 8 p.m. to 8 a.m., and Saturday closure is 9 p.m.-9 a.m. Sunday.

This is the first of eight Interstate 80 repair projects planned by Caltrans. Information is available at www.getacross80.com or by calling 1-877-362-8080

2 comments:

Kathy B! said...

This is NOT good news. Did you make it?!

We moved out of Northern California 18 mos ago and I know just how bad this can be...

Renee said...

fortunately not us. I got the notification from an rv forum I am on so thought I would post it for anyone that happened across my blog and maybe is heading in that direction. We won't officially be traveling until June at the earliest as far as taking the rig and such. We do lots of mini day/weekend trips in the car that I think I just sold so those trips will be slowing down for a bit too I am thinking.