Sunday, January 11, 2009

Imbolc Wreath

We don't have room now that we RV but we have done this in the past and had a blast. Now if we do them they will have to be given away as gifts:0)

Pagan Dad


Wreath Imbolc 2009

Posted: 07 Jan 2009 06:40 PM PST

Yes it is that time again. The holiday season seem like it just ended but Imbolc is less than a month away. So I figured since it was so close that I would take the time with my family to decorate my house for the Sabbat. Well at least the wreath and the altar.

First the grapevine wreath, cheaply bought and easy to decorate with silk flowers. The only question being what kind of flowers and the such would look good and fit with the Sabbat. Here is a short correspondence list for decorating:

  • Forsythia
  • Crocus
  • Daffodils
  • Snowdrops
  • Daisies
  • Almost anything that invokes a Spring feeling in you

Imbolc is a time for renewal and rebirth. In my children's story I talk about the hero's quest and his journey to find a way to waken the sleeping Maiden i.e. The Earth. So think about this when you choose to decorate your house for the season


Wreath decorated for Imbolc

Wreath decorated for Imbolc

No comments: